LATEST ARTICLES & FEATURES
My visit in June to Urban Winery London Cru, with a tour of the winery and tasting of their current range of wines.
A unique look into the growing wine industry in China, with a tour of the excellent Grace Vineyard.
I pick some of the best English wine deals for the May bank holiday.
LATEST ENGLISH WINE INDUSTRY NEWS & EVENTS
WINE OF THE MONTH
POLGOON RONDO & PINOT NOIR RED 2014
"Whilst I personally enjoy English Pinot Noir, others can be put off by its seemingly light complexion and thin appearance. Step in Polgoon with their surprisingly rich Rondo & Pinot Noir red blend.
The palate is involving and full, with a vibrant tang of blackcurrant that leads to a ripe fusion of blueberry and plums. There’s an underlying savoury note and a distinct spice and vanilla flavour on the finish, which when combined with the light tannin makes this a pleasingly involving red wine."
LATEST SPARKLING WINE REVIEWS
A clean, crisp and precise English sparkling blend from Marlow.
Fresh, clean and elegant English rosé with subtle texture.
A beautifully refined wine that is precise and elegant with its distinctive English character.
- @japster2008 @Svenhansonbritt Thanks @japster2008. It was a pleasure to meet you during the evening @Hambledonwine 1 day ago
- Love the open kitchen at the new #Sorrel restaurant in #Dorking, a real centrepiece. The team working hard under… https://t.co/2EZhwzP6kB 1 day ago
- Fantastic lunch @SteveDrakeFood #Sorrel restaurant in #Dorking. Great to start with a glass of @Nyetimber with deli… https://t.co/kOHnC9P9DV 1 day ago
- First visit to @SteveDrakeFood's new restaurant in #Dorking #Surrey. First impressions; love the style and decor. https://t.co/tXzTpIOU6B 1 day ago
- 42 amazing followers in the last week and there will be more tomorrow. Growing with https://t.co/yF64u4YMiM 1 day ago